Our Council, at the recommendation of the SMART Team, has approved these new policies for stepping down from our current COVID precautions:
Step 1: when state mask mandates are not in effect (this happens NOW)
- – masks optional in all church activities If you are not vaccinated, you are encouraged to continue wearing a mask.
- – remove COVID signage from around building/bulletin pages, and discontinue building sign-in for contact tracing Hand washing and “cover your cough” signs will remain in strategic places.
- – Coffee An’ may be served outdoors at the discretion of the Angel teams.
Step 2: when the following county-level guidelines are met: (mostly likely would happen by fall, unless there is a local outbreak) *Guidelines in italics have been met as of 6/15/21*
- ~ Daily new cases per 100K are less than or equal to 10
- ~ Infection rate is less than or equal to 1
- ~ Positive test rate is less than or equal to 10%
- ~ Percent of eligible population vaccinated is at least 70%
Then… return to “normal” church procedures which include:
- – open all pews in sanctuary
- – serve communion at front with bread and cups of wine/grape juice (wearing gloves or with obvious and frequent hand sanitizer use)
- – resume indoor Coffee An’ and funeral luncheons
After step 2 is achieved, if the county-level statistics spike, we will move back to step 1. If the state reissues the mask mandate, we will reinstate all Yellow level precautions.